To publish content to any display with SpinetiX ARYA, you need a digital signage player. SpinetiX ARYA works with multiple types and models of digital signage players - these can be third-party Intel® NUC devices or SpinetiX HMP players. This article shows how to associate a SpinetiX HMP player with SpinetiX ARYA to be able to create, schedule and publish content on your screen. The process is easy and only takes a few minutes. Let's get started.
What you will need:
- an ethernet cable to connect to network – sold separately
- an external USB-C power delivery unit if you are using the HMP400/W player and your installation does not support PoE – sold separately
- an HMP player
- a screen
- a SpinetiX ARYA account
Watch the video below to see the above steps in action.
- Unbox the player and connect one end of the HDMI cable to the player’s HDMI slot located on the back of the player. Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI port of your screen.
Note: You can also connect the player to any screen that supports DisplayPort.
- Next, attach one end of your ethernet cable to your SpinetiX player and the other – to a network switch connected to the Internet.
- Connect the power cable to your player and plug the other end to a power outlet.
Tip: If you are using a PoE setup with the HMP400/W player, you do not need to use a power cable and instead use the ethernet cable to power up the player.
- Switch on the screen and wait for the player to start up. You know when the player started when you see LED indicators of the front of the player light up and a message reading “Welcome” on the screen.
- Next, navigate to https://arya.spinetix.cloud/setup.
- If not already logged in, create a SpinetiX ARYA account or log-in to an already existing account with which you wish to associate the HMP player.
- Once logged in, from the main menu, click on “PLAYERS”.
- From the next screen, you will see all connected players to your account (if any). Click on the “NEW” button on the top right.
- Enter the serial number displayed on your screen in the space provided by SpinetiX ARYA.
- Click “NEXT”.
- Your display will now show a 4-digit PIN number. Enter that number in the space provided by SpinetiX ARYA.
- Click “NEXT”.
- Give your player a name, for example “Lobby”, then click “NEXT”.
- Choose the screen orientation of your display, then click “NEXT”.
- Choose your time zone, then click “NEXT”.
Tip: each player can have a different time zone. This is especially useful if you have a global deployment with players located at different geographical locations in different time zones.
After you set the time zone, the player will be visible from the Players page with the name that you’ve given it during the Add Player process. A green check mark will also be visible above the player to let you know that the player is ready to use.
In parallel, the display also shows a message telling you that the player is ready.
- That’s it; you can now publish content created in SpinetiX ARYA to your newly added player. Just click on the "CREATE" button.
- This is how easy it is to connect your HMP player to your screen and set it up with SpinetiX ARYA, so that you can start scheduling and publishing content on display.